Racing at the Speed of Life

I have been crazy busy. Like really super crazy busy. Perhaps you've noticed because my blog posts have been few and far between. I have some recipes to post and some nutritional advice to share with no time to do it. I was recently invited to join http://www.saltboxhouse.blogspot.com/ as a contributor for recipes and other food-related stuff and I haven't even had a chance to log into that blog and introduce myself. It's pretty rude of me but I just can't help it. Life sometimes rearranges your priorities temporarily.

I'll start with the mostly good stuff. I have been working in my garden frequently, trying to get all the weeds pulled and seeds and plants planted and it has taken a lot of my time. I am going to post pictures at some point and talk about my love for the garden and working outside but I just don't have time right now. I WILL though, sometime, soon.
We spent a lot of time trying to dig for our gutter drain pipes a few weeks ago. I worked at organizing the million and one tools and home repair items that have been sitting on my back porch for the last year so that I can start to feel like maybe I can use my porch for something more enjoyable.
I've been caulking. This is something I have put off because it's quite tedious and after having done SO much work to the house with my own two hands I took a break from it, a long break, thinking that when I felt like getting back into home improvement I would do the caulking.
Brad is leaving again on Friday for CA all weekend and I have several obligations to look forward to on Saturday. For one I have to go to Durham to pick up my order from Walton Feed. Apparently not enough people placed orders to warrant a truck comming to Winston or Greensboro to deliver. Hopefully I will have some time to squeeze in to go to a bridal shower and then I am babysitting that evening.
So that, and various administrative tasks have kept me detained these past two weeks and will continue to speed my life along.

Then, on Sunday, we got a phone call from Brad's Dad that his (Brad's) nephew Ryan was killed in a motorcycle accident. Ryan is younger than me but definitely in his 20's and I have only met him once. Still, him being my brother-in-law's son, it came as a shock of course. Furthermore, I can only imagine the pain that Brad's brother Mike, his wife Lora, and Ryan's mom Jan are going through right now. Then there's Ryan's sister Lindsey, Grandparents, and cousins. So many people who are now without this person in their lives. It sucks, and there are really no words, and nothing to say that will change the circumstances and make this easier. I can only pray for the Spirit to give them peace because really, that is the only relief I can imagine that would make a difference.

So we are headed to Pennsylvania on Wednesday for the funeral on Thursday. Then back home and dropping Brad at the airport on Friday. Then Saturday as I mentioned already. It's going to be quite a week. Sometimes life is that way though, you know? The more you have going on the faster it goes and you can't do anything but close your eyes, metaphorically of course, and race on hoping that there's some kind of relief in the near future.

Comments

Popular Posts