That's Just the Kind of Mom I Am

He did this to himself, I swear, no siblings were involved. I'm sure it's all unsanitary and stuff. There's probably all kinds of grossness in the dirt but honestly, no more than probably my bathroom or kitchen floor. I think people think a lot of untruths that are not really justified when it comes to sanitation. While I am sure my kid is coming in contact with any number of bacteria I have more confidence in a superb immune system not to mention the strengthening of said immune system during such activities as playing in the mud.
Playing in mud is a childhood right! Just look at the joy on that sweet face! Could you take that joy away? I can't because that's just the kind of mom I am.
 What inevitably happens to Beya's shoes no matter where she is. I don't mind. It seems kind of silly to have kids wear shoes in situations that they are clearly not necessary. I lived the majority of my childhood shoeless I think. I still prefer the open shoe-less feel of flip-flops these days. Brad is always trying to get shoes on my kids. He thinks they're going to step on something. Like what? A bug? A tree twig? A thorn? A nail sticking up from the ground? Right. When you go barefoot your feet get tough and a few rocks and thorns aren't going to slow you down. Besides, that's just the kind of mom I am.

Like most kids, mine love water. I don't have a pool but I do have this big muck bucket that I fill up with water. It is much easier to clean and my kids prefer water experiments to actually playing in the water in a swim suit and swimming around. They like to see how much dirt it takes to make the water turn opaque. They like to see what happens when you throw rocks in. They also like to see what kinds of leaves and twigs float. It's messy and dirty but that's just the kind of mom I am.

Comments

  1. I don't have a problem with letting my kids do that kind of stuff, but I do have a problem cleaning it all up later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. palying in the mud IS a childhood right, especially for boys. if I ever saw Cardon so covered in mud and actually happy about it you bet it would make it on the blog! Life sized too! Go Iyov! and shoes are for the birds (and cardon who cant have his feet touch the ground, seriously I dont know how he is my kid!) WE have a ditch that runs by our apartment, right through the complex. we spend hours hunting for rocks, leaves, twigs, grass, all to see what will float and what will sink. what will make the biggest splash... FUN STUFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Novan has kind of an aversion to shoes. They rub and touch in all the wrong places. When we buy new ones he has to try them out by walking around the store for a while before he approves. He does hate getting dirty. If he even gets a dab of water on his clothes he has to change immediately. Sometimes I get lucky though like in this particular picture and he doesn't notice so much. Probably because it was so stinkin hot that day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha. I'm the mud-mom QUEEN! I love it and so do they. Seriously, looking around I'm CONVINCED my kids get sick less then ANY other family. I'll attribute it to the mud I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts