A McScreamy Update

As you know, I have not been a big fan of my youngest child's infant behavior. So I thought I would let you all know that things are marginally better. It is mostly due to this:

That's right. I was starting to wonder if Iyov would ever have an interest in walking and he finally does. In fact, he started doing it in just the last week. He actually now spends more time walking than crawling and I think it has been huge for him emotionally. Every time he walks around, he just giggles at himself because he thinks he's so funny and he's also really proud of himself. It helps that Brad and I make a big deal every time he would take a few steps. I also think walking has made him feel like part of the group and hasn't had the constant need for me to carry him around. Thank goodness. He also has rudimentary ways of communicating his needs like nodding and shaking his head... and grunting of course. And also, now that Novan is in school, Beya plays with him more and so life with my third child is actually getting easier. *Phew!* I couldn't be happier. And for those of you wondering... we ARE planning on having one more although it has been an unsure thing for some time. That story to come at a later date though, maybe when I actually get pregnant... yuck. In the meantime I am going to enjoy my non-pregnant, non-breastfeeding, non-attached to a baby time for as long as it goes on.

Comments

Popular Posts