Inquiring minds want to know...

So here's the update for those of you who are curious. I had a midwife appointment today. She wasn't shocked or awed at my condition, however, she was surprised at the fact that I'd gained another 11 pounds in four weeks. That shocks the heck out of me. I don't think I look like I've gained 20 pounds since the onset of all this, but I guess stranger things have happened. On the plus side, my strict adherence to diet and my appetite have yielded a clean urine strip which was a big victory as far as I'm concerned. I love the discipline I have when it comes to eating... even if I don't like doing it much.
I did, however, entreat my midwife to do some searching with her doppler for more than one heartbeat. We heard a heartbeat in two separate places but she said, given the size yet of my uterus, it's just as easily from the same fetus. Furthermore, the placenta is anterior, meaning across the front of my uterus and apparently those things are pretty noisy and interfere with one's ability to hear a heartbeat from such a small person easily. She said she's still ruling it a single for now but in reality, I'm not really at a point in this pregnancy that she would be able to definitively tell. So... next time maybe?
So I'm stuck still in limbo, wondering what the heck is going on with my body and why this pregnancy has been so drastically different. I'm such a steady and consistent person both physically and in personality so such a variance in what I consider the norm for me is just so odd. If it is a single, I'm intensely curious as to the personality of this little person and I hope difficult pregnancy doesn't translate into difficult personality on the other side of the womb. If there's one thing I am sure of after all this, it's that I am soooo done with pregnancy and the decision to make this my last one was definitely the right call.

Comments

Popular Posts