Saving the Best for Last


I'd like to say that after all that madness with being pregnant that I deserve to have a good baby but that's just not true. I could just as easily have gotten another Iyov for a newborn. Instead I have this sweet angel who makes me want to laugh when I hear how pathetically quiet her cry is and who only wakes up once at night. I'd say she's well on her way to a repeat of Beya's sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old on her own, maybe sooner. She's such a sweet baby and doesn't seem to complain about much of anything. Brothers and sister adore her. They ALWAYS want to hold her and as soon as she gets up from a nap or in the morning they are fighting over who is going to get to hold her after I feed her. Sometimes I have to put my foot down and claim that it's mom's turn to hold her for once!
Beya was a great baby but Keshet might be beating her in terms of how quiet she is most of the time. Or maybe it's just hard to remember past the nightmare that was Iyov as a baby. I really needed this sweet little girl as an end to my childbearing years and I really wanted to enjoy a newborn and I am doing just that. I really like holding her and watching her sleep. I kind of look forward to waking up at night so I can touch my cheek to hers and breath her newness in. To make matters even better I have had excellent milk production this time instead of feeling like I'm running on empty all the time like I did with the last ones. All is well basically and everything that might have made my life harder hasn't happened. I feel like I'm breezing through this one and 4 just doesn't seem like too many. I think I really did save the best one for last.

Comments

Popular Posts