Meanderings and Pictures

It's been a while since I got all mommy-blog on this thing. Pictures have been few and far between, as is my style. But I've got a few to share and not necessarily in chronological order.
First up is my baby girl Keshet. Can I just say I'm not even a teensy bit jealous that her very first word is "Dad"? It's just soooooo cute to see her run for him, arms extended saying, "Da! Da! Da!" Now usually I am a stickler for first words, meaning I don't consider it speaking unless it's obvious they intend to speak it, not just hearing your kid gobbledy gook something and you being like "Oh my gosh! Did you hear him? He just said 'I love you' in Russian! Can you believe it! Our kid is a genius!" Or something like that. Anyway, her meaning is obvious, and it's also obvious where she picked it up; ALL the kids run to dad when he gets home saying "Dad! Dad!" Just warms my heart. My favorite time of day.
Keshet is so friggin cute and happens to be just as attached to Dad as she is to me which is nice after Iyov who hated Brad for years. She's everyone's baby in our family and is quite adored (and mauled by Iyov on occasion). Here's a video of her in the snow for the first time (By the way, this was the "pre-snow" show in which we got a few inches before the real stuff came a couple days later).


All the kids fell asleep on our way back from Culbertson, Montana where we happen to be trying to find a place to live. That's another story for another blog though. I will say that we drove down strange dirt roads and asked complete strangers in the middle of nowhere to point us in the direction of so-and-so's house who has a house up for rent. "Oh yeah, just go north and make a right after Big Ben curve. You'll see 'em on the right. Two houses."
Um, yeah, north. Big Ben. Got it.
We didn't end up getting middle-of-nowhere house, but it was an adventure I found humorous anyway. I always get a kick out of Brad's city-slicker reactions, and this did not disappoint. Furthermore, after living in LA county, it was so twilight zonish to think that there are places out here where you can get lost on dirt roads and there is no cell phone signal for miles. To think that Williston is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere is ludicrous after driving around eastern Montana. When we got back home I said, "Look Brad! It's Metropolis!"

K, so on to Halloween. If you're a facebooker you've already seen the pics, but I'm pasting them here anyway. We did Phineas & Ferb, which happens to be my favorite cartoon, possibly ever. My kids like it too but mostly because I dig it and I make them watch it if we're watching the tube together. Just in case you can't figure it out, Brad's Jeremy, who is Candace's boyfriend on the show. I'm Candace, who is Phineas and Ferb's older sister. Novan is Ferb, Iyov is Phineas, Beya is Isabella, and Keshet is Perry. I made Ferb's pants, Phineas' shirt, and Perry's costume. Perry is my favorite!
So here's Isabella, Ferb, and Phineas (Isn't P's hair awesome!?) on the left. And then on the right, just Phineas & Ferb... oh, and Roxy. She wanted to join our family because we had the most fun costumes in the place.






Where's Perry? This costume is so cute. She has a platypus tail too which is extra cute as she trounces around.









Beya has become a bit of an organizer lately. She thinks it's fun. She always wants to organize things and tries to get me to organize things as well (gee, wonder who she got THAT from?). Here she is organizing our bathroom toiletries under the sink.
And then of course there's the snow which was pretty exciting. I have been in reserved disbelief about the winter/snow here because there just wasn't any last year. And I read somewhere that western ND is rather arid. So when we woke up to this I can no longer be disappointed:

  We got fairly stuck in our driveway and I have to say that a major perk to having Brad employed at a CAT dealer is that, within the company housing where we live, someone always has a loader or something lying around to come dig us out.
Picture on the left: Iyov was in the middle of saying, "Look mom! My bike! It's buried!"


I have never liked driving in snowy/icy weather. It freaks me out, which is probably a good thing since it keeps me from driving like an idiot as compared to other people who, for some reason, think icy roads don't apply to their tires. Blows my mind really how so many people end up in the ditch. Anyway, the left picture is what the roads look like. They do plow quite a bit, but I find the packed snow easier to drive on than the plowed ones which are sheer ice.

And so that's what we've been doing. I love this place; I really do. I don't know why so many people are unhappy with it except that if you expect to be unhappy when you move somewhere, you are unhappy regardless of the circumstances. I live in less than a thousand square feet in an, at times, frozen wasteland, where the most exciting place is Walmart, but it is, by far, my favorite abode yet.

Comments

Popular Posts