By Popular Demand

One of the things we get to do (or some might say HAVE to do) in our church is speak on occasion because we have no trained or paid clergy. When I first became a member this was difficult as I was very shy and unsure. But over the years, getting more comfortable with people, and in gaining confidence that I have something to say (thank-you, writing), speaking in church is now something I greatly enjoy. I LOVE the preparation and spend the weeks prior reading all kinds of things relating to my assigned topic and pondering various angles while I'm vaccuuming and stuff. It's really just writing, except geared toward verbal delivery, so you know that's my niche. I'm not saying I don't get nervous about it. In the few hours right before delivery, I kind of want to throw up. And then I'm up there, and it's all clear and I'm in a zone. This particular topic is one I have ALWAYS wanted to speak on, so I was thrilled to get the assignment. Here it is. Stay tuned at the end for the choir number. I actually accidentally recorded it because I forgot to stop recording after I finished speaking. But it was obviously not a coincidence. It was my favorite choir number we have ever done--and a pretty good recording considering my phone was under the pew!

Comments

Popular Posts