Beige is just not my thing

...and taupe is a fancy way of saying "boring." But that's just me. I know there are plenty of people who go for the boring route on paint but I guess Brad and I spent way to many years renting and enjoying the boring side of paint. So when we bought our house, we pacted to paint much more interesting colors. There are plenty of rooms that need touching up after 2+ years of little tornados running through the hall and little girls who think their art belongs in a permanent setting. But there are two rooms that I planned to repaint. One of those is the living room. Of all the paint colors in my house, that room has "gotten old" and besides that, I knew if I wanted to rent it out, I should probably opt for a color that would appeal to a wider audience. So this General Conference weekend, my project was to paint.
Here's the before picture. I'd like to throw in there that the picture is after I took the TV off the wall. It was pretty difficult because the TV is really heavy and there was this hex bolt holding it in place that I could not find the right tool to remove it so I had to use a lot of force to get it out of the bracket.

Then here is the after picture. Pretty plain, huh? Well I'm not sure why the picture is so grainy but the color is pretty much accurate. It's very very pale blue. I refused to do anything beige or boring. Light blue was the best I could do and still feel like the room had any color at all. The project took me pretty much the whole weekend but it's done!

Finally, I did some work outside picking up the bricks strewn around the yard, moving some stumps and stuff. But one of the things I have thought over and over is that I wish my spigot was not over dirt. I always wanted some kind of rocks or concrete or something beneath it where you wouldn't get your shoes filthy when you went to turn on or off the spigot. So I took some bricks I gathered and put a nice little "patio" under the spigot. It took me about an hour and a half because I had to level the ground well enough that it didn't look completely ghetto. I'm pleased with the outcome and now I can turn on the water (helpful for all this grass watering I've been doing) without getting my feet all dirty and tracking the dirt in the house. Yay!

Comments

  1. The light blue is an excellent choice. I'm like you, sick to death of White, off White, beige, or any "lack" of color within those confines. Life needs color and what better place to put it than in your home :-) I can't wait to have a place I can paint! For now I will take millions of pictures and blow them up and cover my walls in them to block all the ugly white paint :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts