A Word in Edgewise

I've had so much I've wanted to blog about but it is not some flaky excuse when I say I just have NOT had time. I should be going to sleep now but I felt like I should at least fit a few words in and a couple pictures so at least I don't feel all out in blogging limbo.
First is my house, which was painted last week.
If you are on facebook then you have already seen it but this is for those of you who aren't. So when they first started painting, I was a little worried that I'd gone too bold on the color. Exterior paint really gets a brightness boost in the sunlight. Keep that in mind when you are choosing exterior colors. However, the more they painted, the more I liked it. Then when the black went on, I was sold. It just looks so dang good. I do think it's on the edge of eye-catching and too much but is still safely on the pleasingly eye-catching side.
I've been working upstairs mostly these days getting it ready now, to rent. I've been getting a laundry room put in and closet as well as a small kitchen. And I'm repainting practically everything. That's time consuming. But I have the best visiting teacher I've ever had who has been over to help me paint so many times that I've lost count. She has a baby the same age as Keshet so the two of them are usually sleeping at the same time for a couple hours while we knock out all the painting. It's nice to have a painting partner. It helps me feel motivated when I am already so sick of it.
A few other things have happened like having some guys from church help me move furniture to the storage unit, arranging for gravel to go in the driveway, getting carpet quotes for the upstairs bedroom, buying electrical supplies for Shane (mentioned in an earlier post) to run lines for the kitchen, and packing.... always with the packing. Ugh. I really wish I had a better idea of what our future held and then I would know what I could get rid of. But I don't. So I'll probably arrive in Williston, ND with enough crap to fill up half of our single-wide top to bottom. Seriously, everything about that place is a pain so far. Housing is still up in the air and we've yet to find an available storage facility in a 50 mile radius. Brad keeps telling me that the place is nuts and I just won't "get it" until I get there and see for myself. I believe it though.
Anyway, thanks to my in-laws, I'm in the midst of a kid-free weekend (with the exception of Keshet who doesn't really count because she's so good and doesn't mind breast milk for every meal) so I've been kicking butt on finishing up upstairs. And it's reeeeeeally quiet around here. It's eerie. But I am seriously loving this. Wish Gammy and Grandad would move closer to ND so I can have one of these long weekends once a year at least.
Anyway, here's my kidlets in their Halloween costumes.


I have to just put a note here that this costume was given to Novan by one of his teachers at school. They all know how much Novan loves transformers and one of the teachers saw this costume at a consignment sale and knew Novan just had to have it. That's just the kind of teachers they are. That's really the kind of school it is. And I am going to sorely miss it. And so is he.You wouldn't believe the kinds of things he's learned there and he's really just a kindergartener. He gets spelling words every week. I believe last week's words were: wind, water, boat, fish, sun. Novan knows what prepositions and pronouns are and he can name off many of the countries of the world off of a map. They learn about volcanoes and bugs and they talk about what an island is and Novan will tell you his favorite country is Jamaica.  He can add numbers together in his head, even 300 +200 and count by twos, fives, tens, and hundreds. My MIL told me just today how Novan was pointing out that there was a "diversity" of cookies in her cookie bag. And he talks to people. He actually answers questions that strangers ask him and when Dad calls every night, Novan just goes on and on talking about anything and everything. I really do owe it to that school big-time for saving Novan and getting him ready for public school. For the first time I think he could go to school and be alright.
LOVE. I love ABC. We are so blessed to have had our kids at that school. Really truly.

Comments

Popular Posts