Love, Hugs, and Wal-Mart

I wish I could rig a video camera to follow Beya around all day and catch all the things she says. She is such an example to everyone who is around her. I would venture to estimate that 75% of what she says is love related. Hugging is probably in her top 5 favorite acitivities... that and going to Wal-Mart apparently. Here are some examples of some things that she says on a daily basis:

I'm afraid Beya has staked a claim on her brother. She's quite protective apparently.
Today after I was took Novan to school:
Beya: Momma, is Novan going to play with boys at school?
Mom: Yes Beya.
Beya: Novan can't play with the girls though.
Me: Novan can play with girls too.
Beya: No mom! Novan only likes me!

Beya must say the sentence "I love you." fifteen times a day, no joke. She tells everyone she loves them, multiple times. It's usually accompanied with a hug and she even finds new and original ways to say it.
This morning Beya hugs my leg while I'm making oatmeal and says: Momma, I love you. You're my best girl!
Me: Awww! Can I be your best girl forever?
Beya: (nodding) Mmm Hmm.

I always chuckle when I hear Novan and Beya interacting. When they actually converse and don't think I'm paying attention, they are quite civil. It's like listening to a little gentleman and lady and I am reminded that I really have managed to teach them some manners.
I'm making Novan's lunch for school and Beya asks me to turn the transformer she's holding into a car)
Me: I'm busy making Novan's lunch for school. I bet Novan can transform it for you.
Beya: Novan, can you turn this into a car? (hands the transformer to Novan)
Novan: Ok Beya. 
Beya: Oh thank-you Novan! (Hugs Novan and gives him a kiss) Novan, you're my best friend! I'm going to miss you when you go to school Novan.
Novan: Sorry Beya, this transformer's missing a piece. I can't do it.
Beya: Oh. Ok, Novan. I still love you.

Beya's regard is not limited to Novan. She points out to everyone she sees that Iyov is her brother. "This is my brother Iyov." "Iyov is my brother" "That's Iyov. He's my brother." and so forth.
Beya: Momma, I was a baby like Iyov!
Me: Yep, you were little once just like Iyov.
Beya: And Iyov loves me!
Me: He does love you.
Beya: I love my brother Iyov, he's my friend.

I have no idea where Beya got her ideas about Wal-Mart because I rarely take any of my children there, instead preferring to have Brad look after them while they nap and I go to the store. But here it is... the girl is a walking Wal-Mart advertisement.

Beya comes to me one morning.
Beya: Momma, I can get some wings and I can be a butterfly girl!
Me: Well you can get wings but you won't be able to fly with them. But you can look like a butterfly.
Beya: But momma, they have wings at the store...at Wal-Mart.


Beya: Momma, can I have a cookie?
Me: I don't have any cookies.
Beya: We can go get some cookies Momma.
Me: We don't have enough quarters to get cookies right now Beya.
Beya: But Momma, we don't need quarters to buy cookies. They have cookies at Wal-Mart!


Beya: I need to have a magic wand so I can be a fairy.
Me: A magic wand?
Beya: Yes. Can I get a magic wand?
Me: Well I can try to make a wand for you but I don't think it will be magic.
Beya: But they have magic wands at Wal-Mart Momma!


Yes, apparently Wal-Mart carries pretty much anything the mystical creature might need or want... including cookies that are free. But man oh man, do I love my little beetle-bug Beya.

<--Beya's fashion accessory for this particular day was jackets. She was intrigued by how many jackets she owns and was changing in and out of them all day. Then she had me put new batteries in Tickle Me Elmo and decided that the "safest place" (her words, not mine) for him was in her jacket, and then she said I should take a picture. There you have it. She's the rockingest little girl I know. Man oh man, what a lucky man she will marry one day.

Comments

  1. That is just plain adorable! She's got such a great little personality :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts