Valentines Traditions

When I was a kid, my mom always got us little boxes of chocolate and left them on our pillow to wake up to on Valentine's Day. Considering how few traditions my family had to be able to pass on to my own kids, this is one of the traditions I have tried to carry on. However, my detest for having my kids eat a bunch of candy for every holiday has meant that I try to leave them something else for Valentines day, in this case, a small gift. This year though, the tradition did not go at all as planned.

Here's a picture of the kids after they got their gifts in the morning. Beya's was actually just the hair. The dress was one she got from Gammy some months ago. Obviously, she wanted to pose with the entire ensemble.

I took for granted the fact that at 7 AM it's still pitch dark outside and so Novan didn't even see his gift as he got out of bed. I had to go retrieve it so the "waking up to a gift" idea was lost on him. Beya woke up at 1AM because she threw up in her bed and neither she nor I saw the thing at that time as I stumbled around in my ny-quil haze (I've been very congested for a few days) and got her to sleep on the couch. It was only after I gave Novan his gift that I went to get Beya's, thankful that it hadn't gotten thrown up on. Again, no surprise on her pillow to wake up to.
Probably the only one who got the memo was the one who was missing in this picture. I think it's because he probably got the memo a little too early. Hence, why he's still asleep at 8:30 AM. Oh, there he is:
Really not sure at what point he opened his. One thing is for sure, he was definitely up at some point very early playing with it (see opened package below him).
*Sigh* I guess I'll have to do a better job next year.

Comments

  1. That is too funny that Iyov opend his. He took several out too! So glad Beya didnt throw up on her wig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really funny! It's going to be a good memory for later. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts