The Fearless One

Girls are supposed to be full of sugar and spice and boys of puppydog tails and stuff. Well I don't know about that but I might have assumed that Novan's need for wrestling and physical violence coupled with his love of machinery, computers, and fight scenes would have instilled in him a little more fearlessness but in reality he is the least adventurous of my children. Beya, my little girl made of sugar, spice, princesses, mermaids, fairies, and the color pink has more daring than I thought possible. Our day started with me pulling weeds in the garden and finding a little snake.

I caught it for the kids and Beya was immediately concerned for its welfare. Novan thought it was very cool but told me "Mom! Don't let Beya touch it, it will bite her!" Beya, ever the daring one, or maybe just ignorant, pet it, picked it up and carried it around in her bucket like it was her best friend.
Eventually though, she wanted to let it go which I was very proud of her for.

Later that day, our plumber showed up to get to work on replacing our sewer and water line. Who knew roots could grow into galvanized pipe to cause problems? Well, that's just the story of my life I guess, it's one thing after another. I suppose though I am grateful for things that are really small compared to things that could really present a problem like one of us having some sort of health issue. I would think though that my money would eventually run out and the financial surprises would stop when I was tapped out. Ok so anyway, back to what I was saying. Beya took one look at the bobcat Jeremy our plumber was using and said "I wanna drive the excavator!" She repeated asking at regular intervals for an hour or so and so we went outside and Jeremy let her sit with him and put her hands on the controls. It's nice to have a plumber you have a decent relationship with that will do things like that.

Novan saw Beya on the excavator and wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Finally, after an exhausting day of snake wrangling and excavator driving, a girl has to rejuvenate with her favorite snack, blueberries. Seriously, the girl has a love for all things berry.

Comments

  1. That's one cool kid ya got there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she must take after her mother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, she takes after her Gammy...luv you Beya, you go girl...luv Gammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts