Crush

I have to throw this out there despite the fact that it may embarrass my child one day. I just think it's so hilarious and...well, I'll let you decide. I bought Beya a little Ariel princess doll some time ago. I also bought her Sleeping Beauty and Belle. As I have mentioned before, she's really into the Disney princesses and her favorite is Ariel. I'm not sure why but it may be that she is just enthralled with mermaids in general. This particular doll has interchangeable outfits made out of some kind of rubber/plastic that make them much more durable. I like it. You can take off Ariel's tail and put a dress on her and Iyov has found that if you bite hard enough, you can pull her head off too. Well, that's beside the point. Someone else in our family also thinks Ariel is the best princess:

Yeah, that's right. I'm not talking that he just thinks Ariel is the best, I think he might have a little boy crush on this doll. When I first bought Ariel he would find opportunities to take her when Beya wasn't looking and hide her in his pocket. Beya would come crying to me that she couldn't find Ariel and I didn't realize what was going on until one of the neighbor boys was over and saw it happen. When he saw me helping Beya look for Ariel, he told me Novan had taken her. Sure enough she was in his pocket. The little stinker knew I was looking for her and had gone inside to avoid me. Sometimes he tries to take her from Beya outright. When I see this I ask Beya if she will share a princess with Novan and she tries to hoc Sleeping Beauty on him or something. He cries and throws her aside. "I want the RED one!" he says to me. I can only assume he's talking about Ariel since she has red hair. It doesn't take rocket science to figure that kid out. I thought maybe he thought it was cool that she had a fish tail and that's why he was so intrigued but he could care less about whether she has her tail on or not so it makes me think it's something else, like I don't know, maybe he has a thing for REDHEADS? That's entirely possible, I think to myself. If attraction is genetic, maybe he got that one from my Dad who I am sure preferred redheads.
On the plus side, Novan is interested in her modesty, or maybe it's just her wardrobe he cares about. Ariel's dress comes in 2 parts, a top and bottom and one time we lost the bottom. He cried and cried, "Her bottom! Her bottom! I can't find her bottom!" Seriously, I am cracking up the whole time but I know he's distraught so I help him find it so his precious Ariel can have her dignity. It was getting pretty rough around here with Novan and Beya always fighting over her. Brad thought I should just go buy another one for Novan to have. No way! I was not going to buy this kid a princess doll just so he'll leave Beya in peace. So finally I told Novan he wasn't allowed to have Ariel anymore even if Beya said she'd share it and if I saw him touching her I was gonna break bad on him. It seems a little harsh but there was simply no middle ground that he would tolerate. I think he got the message because he hasn't fought with Beya over Ariel in a while but I still see him sneaking a peak and he enjoys the Little Mermaid cartoon on TV as much as Beya does, probably more.
So I'm pretty sure I know what color hair his first HUMAN crush will have. Hopefully he doesn't try to stuff her in his pocket.

Comments

  1. HAHA! Oh that's just great! So so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha. Thought I would mention to you then that disneystore.com is having a free shipping deal until July 5th when you put in the code FREESHIP. I got the girls these Barbie-size dolls of the Disney princesses. They have quite a few and they are each 5.99. Which is a great price for princess stuff so I'm stocking up for Christmas. Maybe you should get Novan one in particular too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dad isn't the only one who likes red heads...Novan's Dad likes them too. In fact, Novan's mom was a red head for a couple of years. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts