One-Seven-Oh

That was my weight on the scale today. Holy crap! I have never in my life been 170. I think 163 or something is my max ever and that was when I was 9 months pregnant with Iyov. I kind of wonder if it's all blending in in some fashion that's not noticeable because other than my belly and uh chest area I don't feel like I am bigger but 30 pounds is hiding somewhere and I sure feel it. I feel like an old lady or something. Doing manual labor for an hour almost incapacitates me as I hobble around afterwards from my sciatica which becomes more and more pronounced the more pregnant I become. Sciatic nerve pain has been my issue since pregnancy number one and yes I've seen a chiropractor in the past and no it's not any better. I don't really believe in chiropractors so maybe it's a self-fulfilling prophecy or something, but that's probably a whole nother blog post. (Sorry Lisa :-))
Besides the nerve pain, I'm just carrying more weight and it tires me out incredibly fast. I helped Brad carry a desk (not a huge one) up the stairs the other day and when we got up there, I had to sit for a good while to catch my breath. It felt like I'd sprinted up the stairs with the desk instead of crept carefully.
Ok, I normally am not one to care about or notice the scale much but when you see your weight shoot up so fast it's rather disconcerting. I'm going to have a lot of work to do when this is all over and I fear how much bigger I will get. Aren't you supposed to gain most of the weight at the end of the 2nd trimester and beginning of the 3rd? I don't even think I'm overeating either. I'm only eating when I'm hungry which happens to be almost constantly. I start having weird things happen to my urine strip when I don't meet the demands of my stomach while pregnant and I'm a firm believer in good diet being the number one way to avoid pregnancy complications. As I mentioned before, I despise eating, especially when pregnant. EVERY meal is a chore to me so I just want to know what the devil is going on in my uterus!
Someone want to commit to being my gym buddy starting in July?

Comments

  1. wow I got HUGE with TAylor and I still didnt weigh that much. close I topped at 165. and YAY for a midwife!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts