34 Weeks

Four weeks to go!
Wow, that seems a lot shorter on virtual paper. And I am more than ready for this to be over. This pregnancy has been completely different from my other ones and if I haven't made that abundantly clear, there are a few other pregnancy symptoms to add to my complaint list:
fat feet: in case you missed my facebook post on that one. That kind of brought a tear of frustration to my eye that morning that I put on a pair of shoes for church and they didn't fit. So I threw them back in the closet and grabbed a pair of flip flops in defiance. I have never had that issue before, and it's not swelling either, it's that ligament stretching sometimes permanent shoe size change that they say happens often.
groin pain: I've had this for a while now. I had no idea groin pain was a common pregnancy symptom until I looked it up. And it only seems to be getting worse.
Lower abdominal/uterine pain: This is a weird one and it's usually only when I am laying down and/or shifting positions as well as getting up at night to go to the bathroom. It's quite painful at times especially when I move too quickly. It's not round ligament which I had with pregnancy # 1. It too has gradually increased in severity.
Heartburn: Yes, I have been lucky enough to have escaped this in pregnancies past although I hear it's very common. I had it once or twice with Iyov but not enough to even notice. This, on the other had, seems to be daily and increases and decreases in intensity throughout the day. VERY annoying.
I used to feel like my body was made for pregnancy. I didn't mind being pregnant except for maybe the very end and that was only because of the difficulty sleeping due to waking up 10 times to pee at night. I had such an easy time of it compared to other people but for the first time I DETEST being pregnant.
I'm sort of worried that this odd pregnancy will mean odd labor and delivery and that instead of my usual 38 1/2 week self-induction working, I'm going to go overdue for the first time ever. *shiver* Ok, so I don't REALLY think that will happen. The only thing that HAS been similar in this pregnancy is that I've had contractions just as consistently. In fact, I had them even earlier than usual, at 18 weeks instead of around week 25.
I find myself soooo curious about the baby itself. I feel like I'll be able to look at him/her and be like "oooooh ok I get it now." But either way, I'm excited for the pregnancy journey of motherhood to be over and to move on. Eventually, sometime soon, I'll have nary a diaper in the house and 4 children who can feed themselves. That will just be so fantastic!

Comments

  1. Ummmmmmm.....
    So after reading this, I think I will stick with just the ONE perfect pregnancy&labor&delivery and the ONE super-easy-baby. You really&trully amaze me at being a SUPER MOM. Dealing with a TOUGH pregnancy PLUS three small children????? You are AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts