A milestone I could do without right now...

I never thought I would dislike my child actually WANTING to potty train.

I just keep thinking it's just a bad time... new baby almost here, Iyov being hardly 2 years old, not being able to pull pants up and down, etc. Furthermore, he absolutely REFUSES to use the training potty. No, he simply MUST be allowed to use the big potty like everyone else. The problem is he's so small that he has to completely de-clothe the bottom half of his body so he can straddle the seat without falling in. And I can't seem to get him to stand up to pee instead which might have solved that problem. So he spends most days pantless because it's just easier for me if I'm in the middle of something to not have to come help him take his pants off and then put them back on.
He's doing quite well despite my lack of encouragement. He poops both on and off the potty and sometimes pees his pants if he's distracted. I can't REALLY complain, can I, that he has pretty much taken the whole potty training thing upon himself without any encouragement at all? He just decided he wanted to use the big potty one day and he'll scream at you if you don't let him. So, knowing Iyov's determined stubbornness, I conceded and decided I better solidify his efforts and dedicate these next few weeks before baby comes to getting him as potty trained as possible. One thing is for sure, once the kid can handle his own pants, we will be in business!

Comments

  1. ha ha ha. That's awesome. Iris keeps wanting to as well, and I just couldn't get myself to do it now......and I'm not even PREGNANT LIKE YOU!!! I love how you got that picture just right so nothing shows. Now THAT'S a talented photographer! :) I hope Iris was okay for you today!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still pretty CLUELESS about potty-training...
    But I LOVE that picture!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sarah... You'll probably have the perfect potty training experience just like everything else in your maternal repertoire. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaha awesome! Hope he teaches himself fast and doesnt revert. then you will only have one in diapers :) oh the joys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts