The Coolest Aunt and Uncle Ever....

So finally I am getting around to posting the pictures from my trip to New Bern. I will spare you all of my excuses and get to it. We stayed at Grandma's house for a few days but the majority of the time was spent at my sister and brother-in-laws home, Sarah and Steven. We are so lucky that in my family we have access to fun experiences for teh kids like animals and tractors. When we got to Aunt Sarah's and Uncle Steve's house Beya asked for nothing but "ride the horsey!" over and over again. So we did. Aunt Sarah saddled up Flicka and led each of them around for a little while.


Novan didn't seem all that interested in riding a horse while Beya kept asking about it but the huge grin that was on his face when we put him on gave him away =)
Beya cried all during Novan's turn to ride so we just threw her on back. She was happy!
I am personally not scared at all of horses but I took for granted how SMALL my kids are compared to a horse. It was actually rather terrifying to have them on the ground around the horse. I remember being stepped on mulitple times when I was a kid and I can only imagine a giant horse hoof stepping on one of my kids. So I was always trying to keep them away from a side-stepping horse. Kids are just not careful enough with their own bodies to be trusted. I love this picture though, horse noses are my favorite part to touch and nuzzle. The horses were equally curious about these small people running around.
Uncle Steve is a farmer so he has lots of fun farm equipment. Novan loves looking at the big tractors, combines and other various equipment around the farm.
Among the other fun things for city kids like mine to do on a farm are gathering eggs from the henhouse. Unfortunately Beya was so proud of her egg find she refused to be parted with said egg. I knew this would end badly as eggs are breakable and Beya is EXTREMELY clutzy, even for a two-year old. She gets that from my side of the family, I assure you. I tried to warn her over and over to be careful. Alas, it did end badly as she used her egg-holding hand to push her self into a standing position and crack! There also happened to be a clutch of nine baby chicks which for some reason I didn't get a picture of but Beya asked about constantly. She was always asking to "go see chicks!"
It's also fun to throw sticks into the water for doggies silly enough to jump in and fetch...
Bunny time! I won't break your heart (or my kids) and explain what these furry little cuties are ACTUALLY for...just a hint, it ain't to sit around and look cute and cuddley!
For some unknown reason, Novan loves cows and seeing them is a much anticipated event for him. Cows are rather ugly and boring to me but the calves were awfully cute and cows are fascinatingly curious.
Good thing Uncle Steve is around to help Beya avoid the cow patties.
Iyov loved the hammock, isn't he the cutest blue-eyed baby ever?
A favorite evening activity for Beya: sitting next to Uncle Steve on the couch and coloring. Uncle Steve is laughing for some unknown reason but I am sure it is some crazy thing Beya said.
Finally, MY favorite part of the trip, seeing my cute little neice Daisy and relishing in the knowledge that her feeding, care, and crying management are NOT mt responsibility but getting to cuddle her anyway!
The new momma and baby.
No surprise that Beya relished in having a baby cousin. Every morning when she woke up or came inside from playing outside she would ask "Where's Daisy?"
Beya, getting yet another lesson on the use of breasts. She actually is quite enthralled by "boobs", who has them and who doesn't and points them out whenever she sees them. She looks for hers on a regular basis...don't worry Beya, both sides of your family are well-endowed in that department...
So there you have it. Our trip described through pictures. We had a blast...thanks to Uncle Steve and Aunt Sarah for putting up with Novan and Beya's destructive hands and Iyov's constant need for attention. We love you!

Comments

  1. What a great experience for the children..I know they loved it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our house was so QUIET and lonely when you left!
    Come stay ANYTIME :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts