I LOVE this baby!

Sure I complain about his endless screams but it is so hard to be frustrated with him for long when the older he gets the cuter and more fun he is. I just love this age where everything is so interesting. While he still prefers to observe the world tethered to my arms or in my lap it is still fun to watch him learn. I don't mind that while I make dinner he rummages through my cabinets as long as I get a few minutes of arms free time and I get to see this look:
What is it about blue-eyed babies that is so irresistible? How is it that a child that is so irritating throughout the day still has my heart? Maybe it's the way he looks at me wth eyes so full of adoration that I can't ge enough. This kid is so in love with me that it is hard to be frustrated when I know he only wants to be with me because I am at the center of his universe.
Iyov likes to sit in his bumbo on the counter while I prepare dinner. His favorite thing to do is sample the produce. I honestly think it's a teething thing. He just chews and chews on everything I have up there. He especially likes to chew on the ends of unopened bananas. I usually have to put those bananas in smoothies once he's done with them. 
His favorite thing to say is "babababababa" probably because he's so good at it. I had a dream last night that he said "mermaid" though...that was weird. Anyway, he may possibly be even MORE attached to me now than he was the last time I blogged about him. I did my best to put him in his room with things to play with while I got things done around the house but he NEVER gives up. He gets more and more desparate and I find him sitting on the floor with his head laid down in front of him, tears in his eyes and crying like I ripped his poor little heart out. He can crawl quite well and my other kids would have just looked around for something to get into but not him, he just cries and cries for me and I just don't have the stomach for it. I even took him outside with me while I was trying to get my garden cleared for the guy that would come till it. I thought Iyov would love this first experience in the grass and dirt and have a blast. Nope, he sat in the same spot staring at me and crying the whole time. I finally gave up because I didn't need the neighbors thinking there was a neglected child at my house.
Oh but I love him even more now than I did 3 months ago. And finally, finally! He loves Brad. He doesn't mind if Brad holds him most of the time which makes life so much easier sometimes and it's nice to know he's branching out. I can't imagine my life without my baby that wishes he were joined at the hip with me.

Comments

  1. His blue eyes just SPARKLE!!! Holy cow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so handsome! What a good looking bunch of kids you have! I love love love the new photo up top!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts