Spring has Sprung

These lovely flowers line either side of the steps going up my walkway. My mom bought the bulbs several months ago and here they are now in full bloom. While the rest of my front yard might be a dirt track with a collection of leaves here or there at least I have some flowers that look welcoming. It seems like just this past week everything has surged into full bloom. I was looking out into my backyard and thought "Yikes! I have grass again!" Not only that, but I have grass that needs to be cut. Spring and fall are generally my favorite seasons but so far Spring has felt more like summer here with all the heat. We usually swing through Spring quite easily and rarely turn on our air conditioning until June but this year seems to indicate that that pattern will no longer continue.

One of my favorite things about Spring is gardening. I love the anticipation of being able to go outside finally without freezing my rear-end off. I am not allergic to pollen or really anything at all so I am able to enjoy the outdoors to its fullest. The smell of freshly turned over dirt in the spring is a a wonderful smell to me. I love the feel of cool dirt in my hands when I am planting. I get the best high when I look at my garden after I have planted and the little plants are all springing up. There is really something about getting your hands dirty and having a hand in the process of helping something to grow. It must be the desire to create that we all experience and have inherited in our "spiritual genes". What less do we expect from beings such as ourselves who are Spirit Children of a Heavenly Father?

Spring is such a wonderful time to recognize creation and to try our hand at a little creation of our own.

Another thing that Spring hails is the need to be outside. I love being able to kick the kids out the back door and tell em to go play! Don't come back in until you're filthy! And they do.
My little girl may love to dress like a princess but she sure doesn't act like one very often. Finding all manner of living things outside in the dirt is one of her favorite activities.
Yeah...that's a slug, gross! Only thing she loves more is an earthworm to play with or even better, a stink bug to crawl up and down her arm. She will play with one of those things for an hour. I like that she is so interested in living things though and that a little slime or crawly feet on her skin doesn't bother her. What a cool girl.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts