Top 10 Nutritional Boosters: Red Cabbage

You know how lately you see lots of commercials that play up the benefits of antioxidants? The one that comes to my mind specifically is the one with the little girl who puts out glasses of grape juice in front of her door and tells her Dad she did it so the antioxidants would protect her from monsters. It seems that people are only just now becoming aware of antioxidants, especially in anti-aging creams. It is really silly if you think about it that people are conviced to put antioxidants on their face topically as if it has more effectiveness than actually it would were it injested in natural plant form. I mean really, if you needed antibiotics for an infection would you spread it on your body like a lotion or would you take it by mouth or injection to gain the benefit more fully?

Ok, off of my soap box now. I could go on all day about such silliness but today's blog is about my good friend red cabbage. I know green cabbage (HA! Like it's really all that green) is better than no cabbage but in reality, the nutritional benefits of green cabbage pale (get it? PALE? hahaha!) in comparison to it's red or rather purple counterpart. Red cabbage is antioxidant RICH. Why you might ask? Because of its vibrant color of course! Vibrant color is always an indicator of nutritional value. You should STRIVE to include vegetables of varying color in your diet every day. Red cabbage is something I keep in my fridge almost constantly. I use it all the time and I almost NEVER use green cabbage. It just simply doesn't make sense to ever use green cabbage if you can get the same nutritional value from red cabbage and then some much much more. Look, I'm not gonna break it down for you nutritional lable style for you. You can just take my word for it or you can go check it out yourself and compare. I promise you won't be disappointed.

So, decide today that you will no longer use green cabbage. Make red cabbage a part of your life!

Comments

  1. Yeah.....what SHE said! besides, it's prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed this one and the Quinoa post. I would love to spotlight these as well with your permission or you are welcome to post them as well. I honestly don't think a lot about red cabbage but, the rewards from this vegetable are quite agreeable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts