A Sunday Afternoon

I sent my kids all off to bed for nap time after church today. As I predicted Iyov was awake not 10 minutes after I laid down. I stuck ear plugs in my ears and put a pillow over my head and tried to relax and go to sleep. I kept hearing him intermittently and so I suppose I must have drifted in and out of consciousness because I remember waking up every now and then and still hearing him scream. I am not sure how long I "slept" for, if you can call it that. I was pretty miffed that McScreamy was awake after only sleeping maybe 20 minutes so my frustration didn't really let me sleep as I would have liked not to mention earplugs and a pillow didn't completely drown him out.

I eventually awoke to the pitter-patter of feet and assumed that Beya was out and about. I had heard her in her room and doubted she had ever actually gone to sleep. After about five minutes I gave up the fight and got up to see what trouble she was into. I walked out of my room spotting her in full-retreat carrying a water bottle to her room. I followed her in there noticing the floor looked like water had been dripped all over the place. I reprimanded her for being out of bed and then noticed there was poo on her backside and socks. "Great." I thought, how perfect for an already tired and irritated mom to deal with. As I am wiping her down Novan says "I need a wipe too mom." Double great. I am sure he must have done a do in his pants because his butt is covered and he has put on a new pair of shorts. After I am done I realize there is water all over the place in their room and the water bottle Beya has been carrying is full of water. It looked like they had literally dumped water out all over the floor. I get a towel and my frayed patience is waning. I was so angry you can imagine that my look was sending enough daggers that those two just sat in their beds and watched me.

After I sentenced them to their room I go to the bathroom where I discover more water all over the floor trailing to....you guessed it, the toilet. I'll spare you the exact details but there are a few turds, a poopy pull-up that surely belonged to Beya who discarded it after she did her business, Novan's poopy discarded pants and toilet paper all soaked on the floor. "Surely not!" I think. But I look around and discover there is really no other source for all the water everywhere. My lovely little princess has been scooping water out of the toilet with a bottle and dumping it all over the floor. It is certain that Novan didn't discourage it. Gross poopy water. I won't lie to you. I went on a rampage, I lost it, my restraint that is. I feared what I might do to my children had I had them in my presence any longer so I yelled at them at the top of my lungs and put them all in their room and told them I didn't want to look at them any more and they better not come out. I haven't ever been that angry at them. I didn't yell at Iyov of course but his continuous screaming through the whole ordeal didn't help the situation or my nerves at all so I put him in there too. A little later Novan starts crying that he wants a drink. I actually considered filling it with toilet water and if all I had to worry about was a gross taste I probably would have done it.

Now I am making dinner....cooking always calms me down.

Comments

  1. YUCK! That is so nasty! I would have lost it too. Hope you cook something yummy and it does calm you down. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like the Day of Rest, huh?
    Okay, completely disgusting, I've definitely had my fair share of them, and at the time you just want to DIE! But really, this story will be even better 5 years from now! And DEFINITELY when they bring home their first date. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts