Banana Nut Carrot Pancakes

I wanted to throw this out there because when people find out I am a veggie head they want recipes. Anyway, this is simple enough and I pretty much made it up this morning because I was torn between making pancakes for breakfast or just making my customary smoothie. I sort of got both in this. I love pancakes because if you know what you are doing you can make a filling, healthy, and well-rounded meal out of them. In the future I will try to remember to take pictures, I know people like looking at pictures of the recipe.

We'll call them Banana Nut Carrot Pancakes

In a blender on high speed combine until pureed well:
2 c. some kind of milk, I use rice milk
couple TBS of agave syrup (or your fav sweetener)
1 large carrot
1 or 2 bananas depending on how banana-y you like it
2 eggs or 2 tbs flax seed

To the blender add:
1/2-3/4 cup walnuts
Blend to the nuttiness you like, I like to know the nuts are there so I just gave it a quick whirl.

In a bowl combine:
1 1/2 c. your favorite flour (I use whole wheat)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup rolled oats or any other rolled grain you like, you could even use leftovers like cooked brown rice or quinoa

Pour the wet into the dry and combine. Cook 'em up on your griddle or whatever you like to use. My kids both loved these and it made enough for all 5 of us (Iyov even ate it) with just a little batter left over for about 2 more medium sized pancakes so plan accordingly. Let me know if you tried them and what you thought.
Take that Bisquick!

Comments

Popular Posts