A Baptism in Boone

I have a friend that served his mission in Spain and at my baptism he gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. In his talk he told the following story from his mission which he served in Spain:
Almost next to the ward building which he served in was a soccer stadium.  Well in Spain, as you know soccer or rather football is a BIG deal. Hundreds of thousands attend the games and it just so happens that the day of one convert's baptism there was a football game going on. As this individual came up out of the water in the font after being baptized a tremendous cheer went up from the neighboring stadium as obviously the home team had scored a goal. It could be heard from within the ward building. My friend said that it was perfect timing because he had always imagined that whenever someone is baptized a tremendous cheer can be heard in heaven as well.
I have always remembered this story and every time I witness a baptism I imagine in my head this great "cheer" that is heard in heaven. Today, Brad was able to baptize his college suitemate Zach.


So today we traveled to Boone, NC in order for Brad to be able to perform that ordinance. Zach has been in contact with Brad for sometime asking him various questions about the LDS faith. Brad was super excited about being able to baptize him.  I love to attend baptisms because it prompts me to reminisce about my own baptism. Our kids like baptisms too because they always think the font is an indoor swimming pool. =) I can't believe that it has been 7 years and I can't believe how wonderful my life is because of it. I never could have guessed how different my attitudes and ideas would be because of that choice I made.

Comments

  1. way to go brad and rachel. brad, see you are serving a mission. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts